Sunday, April 12, 2015

Character and Motifs Research

In order to research how my character should act and feel I did research on archetypes based on my original idea for the film's protagonist. An archetype is a widely recognized symbol for someone or something. The archetype that I felt most suits the protagonist is that of the outcast. The outcast is typically characterized as someone who is rejected from the group and becomes a wanderer. A popular example of this is the character Simon in Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I chose this archetype because it embodies a major theme in my film, isolation. I felt that the character should represent a feeling that everyone has. Through this I hope that it not only attracts viewers but also captivates them as they see someone that they can relate to. Obviously, he is an extreme of that trait. For this post I researched archetypes and came upon a prezi presentation from an Anonymous source. The link to the prezi is below.

https://prezi.com/4ctaf-58broz/outcast-archetype/

No comments:

Post a Comment