Monday, April 6, 2015

Music and Casting Updates

I finally got a response from one of my two choices for music from the band. Originally I tried to email and contact the producer or record label directly. After about two weeks of no response, I tried tweeting the band directly. I expected to be lost in a sea of tweets that these bands get. However, Django Django did respond and gave me the go ahead. I will be using their song, First Light in the introduction to the short film. The account is verified as authentic by Twitter.
I also made some decisions on the main character this week. I finally decided that my main character is going to remain male. At first the thought of having a female protagonist was interesting but I felt I would be better able to portray this character if he were male. I then decided on a slightly older version over the young teen I originally looked at. I felt it was slightly awkward having a young clean boy being homeless over a troubled young-adult. My friend, Gabe Zieper, was my final choice as he had a thespian background and the same drive for this project I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment